Comment on page
This guide will take you through the steps required to integrate LogicLoop with Salesforce, along with an example use case of updating campaigns using user activity data.
Before you begin the integration process, ensure you have the following:
- A valid Salesforce account with administrative privileges.
- Access to LogicLoop with administrative or integration permissions.
- Familiarity with Salesforce's OAuth authentication process.
Follow these steps to integrate LogicLoop with Salesforce and utilize user activity data to update campaigns:
- 1.Log in to your Salesforce account.
- 2.In the Quick Find box, type
App Managerand select it.
- 3.Click the
New Connected Appbutton.
- 4.Fill in the required information for your connected app:
- Connected App Name: LogicLoop Integration (or any name you prefer)
- API Name: LogicLoop_Integration (auto-populated based on the Connected App Name)
- Contact Email: Your email address
- Enable OAuth Settings: Check this box
- Callback URL: The URL LogicLoop will redirect to after authorization (to be configured later)
- Selected OAuth Scopes: Choose the necessary scopes (e.g., Access and manage your data, Perform requests on your behalf at any time)
- 2.After creating the connected app, locate it in the Connected App list and click on its name.
- 3.Note the
Consumer Secretvalues, as you'll need them to generate your authorization token.
In an API platform platform, request an access token.
- 1.With the access token acquired in the previous step, configure LogicLoop's action destination:
- Instance URL: Your Salesforce instance URL (e.g., https://your-instance.salesforce.com)
- Access Token: The access token obtained from the previous step.
Utilize LogicLoop's parameterization and templates features to dynamically send data to the appropriate locations in Salesforce. Refer to LogicLoop's documentation on parameters and templates for more information.
Let's consider an example where you want to update Salesforce campaigns based on user activity data:
- 1.Write a LogicLoop rule to monitor user activity data.
- 2.When specific conditions are met, LogicLoop will automatically be triggered to update campaign data.
- 3.LogicLoop sends a request to your Salesforce API with the necessary parameters, updating the campaigns accordingly.